Re: Cyanotype

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 02/15/06-08:59:45 AM Z

mail@loris.medici.name writes:

My point in using New Cyanotype is quite simple: I can get better dmax
(darker void black) with New Cyanotype, therefore more apperent contrast (I come
from silver-gelatine printing and sometimes miss the dark tones I could get
with FB glossy silver-gelatine paper). To get satistactory dmax (this is a
highly subjective issue; others may like the dmax they get with Traditional
Cyanotype, have absolutely no objection to that, have seen many wonderful prints
made with traditional formula even if the dmax was not strong) with
Traditional Cyanotype I had to coat the paper twice.

Loris

You can get just as good a range of tone, without double coating, with the
original inexpensive and easy cynotype if you get your negative right and
your print exposure right, (the colour of the traditional process tends to
depend upon the water you use to make it).

It's a bit like silver gelatine printing really.

The point about the cyanotype rex is that you can obtain a similar range of
tone in the print but with negatives of different density ranges.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)