Re: spectral sensitivity of platinum/palladium and cyanotype coatings.

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 02/21/06-10:40:07 AM Z

I also found that it was not possible to get quite enough density for
printing processes such as VDB and salted paper using just the color
inks of the PDN system with the Epson 2200 so I developed, in
corporation with some other folks, a Blend-a-Palette which allows one
to blend in Black ink with the other colors as necessary to create a
DR as required by the exposure scale of the process. People who use
PDN and who know Photoshop can figure out how to do this pretty
quickly.

I do find that the negative contrast as read with a UV densitometer
is quite close to actual printing density, at least with the Epson
2200, so if you know the exposure scale of your process, and have a
UV densitometer, using the blend palette allows one to determine the
best color mix very quickly, and it is also very accurate.

Sandy