Re: Digital negatives???

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 01/05/06-04:12:39 PM Z

Jack et all,

the idea was to make a (fine) negatives(1) for alt process in general and I
should have said 16"x20" instead of 8x10.

Basically, I think we have two choice, either we make our own negative on a
printer(2) which imply the cost of the printer, the numbers of negative it
can do, the cost of inks and the cost of material used as film or have it
done by someone else. I just wanted to have an idea of what method and/or
device to use considering quality and cost.

Thanks,
Yves

(1) All edits are done on the computer file => no dodging or burning
(2) Or some other device capable of using a computer file as input