RE: palladium drydown and developer (albumen & collodion)

From: etienne garbaux <photographeur_at_nerdshack.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:22:54 -0400

Loris wrote:

> How am I supposed to do a credible / extensive review /
> comparison without revealing copyrighted information?

In the US (and many other countries that subscribe to international
agreements regarding intellectual property), information is not (and cannot
be) copyrighted. Particular publications are copyrighted, and the law
prohibits some, but not all, copying -- making reproductions of -- the
published work. It does not prohibit disclosure of the information
contained in a published work. So if someone were, for example, to post a
formula which (s)he used to make some prints, that would not be a copyright
violation even if the formula was obtained from a copyrighted source.
(Indeed, most of the formulae posted on the list are taken from copyrighted
publications, although some of them are old enough that the copyright has
expired.)

Not intended as legal advice. If in doubt, consult an attorney.

Best regards,

etienne