Re: Lost with translation, was re: first my "French", Now my English

From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:27:58 -0400

Phillip,

as others have told you already, the work of translating technical documents
is very difficult and costly if you want it done right. The translater need
to have both an above average knowledge of both language and a good to
excellent knowledge of the subject to translate, otherwise you'll loose time
and money.

Most of the time only part of these requirements are fill by a single person
and the problem is often the technical knowledge. If you know some that can
translate from french to english and you know enough on the subject, I would
suggest you work together and expect to spent twice as much time. 25-30
years ago the price per page was from about $1 to $2 a page for the
translater and the cost of the technicien or engeneer for all the time
required.

Regards
Yves