U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: brush vs tray size for gum

Re: brush vs tray size for gum

Thanks for posting that.  Next chance I get I'll give it a try.

This may be a stupid question, but I can't tell based on the images.  Is
the metal rod sealed to the glass tube, or does it allow the tube to roll
like a rolling pin?  Common sense tells me it's sealed (resulting in no
movement), but just wanted to make sure.

Camden Hardy


On Fri, October 6, 2006 8:46 am, Rodolpho Pajuaba wrote:
> Hello, Camden, Thom, thanks for the attention. I made a page for you and
> whoever is curious about it to
> see:<http://www.pajuaba.com.br/temp/Glass_rod_site/> . Any question,
> please ask me. There are some explanations under the Image Info tab, on
> the close-up page.
> Regards,
> Rodolpho Pajuaba
> P.S.: Before you ask, no, the liquid is not VDB emulsion, is a
> simulation I did with some yellow Ecoline I had in hand. Pretty similar,
> thou. ;-)
> Thom Mitchell escreveu:
>> Rodolpho, your solution sounds very interesting. I am not yet a
>> printer but I use the list to learn and think about the various
>> processes. Could this be another option? If you fiberglassed a cookie
>> roller or dough rolling pin - the kind with handles on the side -
>> would that work for spreading the solution. Dough rolling pins with
>> handles are cheap and readily available used at your local thrift shop
>> of choice. Fiberglass repair kits would work for the fiberglass
>> sourcing? Another thought might be 1" PVC pipe with end caps  mounted
>> onto a paint roller. I don't know enough to know the pros and cons of
>> those ideas but is there a reason they wouldn't work?
>> Just a thought from someone who hasn't actually done any
>> coating....yet. -thom
>> Camden Hardy wrote:
>>>Sounds like an interesting contraption.  I'd be interested in seeing it.
>>>Camden Hardy