U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Lightroom (was Re: Adobe Photoshop CS3 update)

RE: Lightroom (was Re: Adobe Photoshop CS3 update)

I suppose that I work in a different world than you. Yes, LR does allow you
to process RAW, and it interfaces with PS very well. What it doesn't do very
well is act as a data base archive for your images, specifically your large
image files.

When I say sRGB, I am not specifically targeting that color space, but more
a workflow; One that is intended for quick cheap output to RA4 process
prints and typified by a small sRGB file format for output. It still can't
read non maximized PSD files or large TIF files. At least it does now give
you a way to export to txt file a list of those that didn't import.

Peter, I have based my comments on use from beta two through the 1.2 release
as 1.3 is just too early in release to completely comment on. If you are
thinking of using LR as a data base to manage your archive, you may want to
seriously consider another program. If you are using it to process your RAW
files and interface with PS it mostly works fine. I have had major time used
up by Adobes' lack of skills in data management. They may know how to
process an image, but when they try to handle files like with the browser in
PS7, life gets sticky quick.

Perhaps they'll come out with a FINE ART version but I am not holding my
breath.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street