U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: problem

Re: problem

At 10:15 AM -0500 2/4/08, Diana Bloomfield wrote:

Maybe the reason a lot of us don't post is that we're busy making photographs and/or printing and/or griping about/intrigued by/volunteering for this presidential election cycle, still getting over our sadness that one of our favorites (ie, John Edwards) has opted out, and-- you know-- just generally living our lives. I could be wrong, of course.

Just speaking for me, sometimes a topic comes up that either holds very little interest, or I know nothing about it (more likely), so I don't bother to post. Sometimes I notice people post, and no one ever responds, so we go back to living our lives and try to detach ourselves from the computer.

Diana,

Not sure why others are not posting but in my case it is not because of happy printing. I am in something of a major funk regarding the dismal lack of organization in my system of negative storage. I have been going through hundreds of negatives that were not well organized and filed over a period of many years and trying to put them into some kind of category or date system. The task is quite overwhelming and makes me realize that even I never make another negative I already have so many that I would be lucky to print even 1/10 of them. And after several days of doing this I still have not located the lost or misplaced negatives that set all of this off.

The whole experience has made me quite depressed and I am starting to wonder if it would not be best to simply burn all of them and start from scratch. Is anyone else having similar problems, or is this just a side effect of my bi-polar tendencies?

Sandy