U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Stock Paint:Gum Solutions?

Re: Stock Paint:Gum Solutions?

Loris,
I have been using Mowiol on/off the last couple weeks. The 8-88
variety recommended by Mr Jeanlis was sold out at Kremer's so I used
4-88  (310grs per litre of water). I don't know if I will be using it
much in the future, it reacts differently than gum of course. It seems
to be slower than gum : MY exposure times for gum are between 2 and
3:30 mins, Mowiol needs 7 to 10 mins exposure. It seems to dry slower
and requires some heat to loose it's tackiness. What I do like is the
fact that a mixture of Mowiol, paint and pot dichromat does not seem
to get bad, even after 2 weeks.
Best,
Guido