U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: fabriano artistico EW

Re: fabriano artistico EW

Wow! Kees, eventually the distributor is stocking the paper but it's
ridiculously high priced -> about 2x of Fabriano's (local) price, EUR 7
per sheet!!! Funny :) I won't understand the market dynamics in Turkey,
ever!

Anyway, thanks for mentioning.

14 Kasım 2008, Cuma, 2:24 pm tarihinde, Loris Medici yazmış:
> Nice price, it's about 1/2 of Fabriano's... Will ask to the distributor
> but I have little hope, since I never saw that paper in art shops. BTW, I
> forgot, we have Hahnemuehle paper also -> but always textured and heavy
> versions (since it's more interesting for painters) and it's pretty
> expensive (because of weight)... Thanks!
>

> 14 Kasım 2008, Cuma, 1:41 pm tarihinde, Kees Brandenburg yazmış:
>> Hi Loris,
>>
>> Can't you get Canson Fontenay? It has een rought and a smooth side.
>> The smooth side is not really HP but very good for gumprinting and the
>> paper is rather cheap for a 100% cotton watercolor paper (at least
>> here in the Netherlands EUR 1.40 for a 56x76 300gr).
>>
>> kees
>>

>> On 14 nov 2008, at 11:57, Loris Medici wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, there isn't any fine watercolor paper - except for the
>>> Fabriano line - in Istanbul, only Canson Montval (which is OK for
>>> Cyanotype and Vandyke, but there isn't any HP version - only CP and
>>> rough)
>>> and Bockingford (which I don't like at all - only CP and rough again).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Loris.