U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: TYPO ...Re: 3 questions (one of them dumb)

Re: TYPO ...Re: 3 questions (one of them dumb)

Hi Colleen,

It was a good party, and I was sorry I couldn't stay longer, as there were quite a few people I would have liked to have talked to more, not least Jim and Millie. But I had fun taking the photos, and it's good to know that people like them. It was rather like the work I do on the streets really, except for the champagne!

I've been around here for quite a while and used to contribute rather more, but these days I'm rather a heretic so far as the list is concerned, having gone over to inkjet printing, finding I can get the results I want from that rather than platinum or salt etc. But I used to use (and occasionally teach) many of the alt processes.

I did enjoy the Sabine Weiss show at the MEP rather more - all silver gelatin, but they would have been good however they were printed. And it was nice to actually meet her there. Did you see the prints at the Bergger Gallery - I quite liked some of the architectural work - I think kallitypes by David Rase.. And at Paris Photo it was interesting to see some by Heinrich Kuhn, including a pretty large gum - around 55x75cm

Regards,

Peter
Peter Marshall    -    Photographer, Writer: NUJ

>Re:PHOTO                     http://re-photo.co.uk
My London Diary                  http://mylondondiary.co.uk/
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/
The Buildings of London etc:  http://londonphotographs.co.uk/
and elsewhere......

DimitriColleen Deneux wrote:
000801c94db3$57f8d5e0$4101a8c0@dimitribbhhy5d" type="cite">Hello Peter,

How funny, we met at the lensculture party and I had no idea that you were part of this list!
I saw your photos of the party at Jim and Millie's afterwards and they were fantastic!
I completely agree with you about the MacDermott prints, I commented afterwards that I have seen much better from this list.

Colleen Leonard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Marshall" <petermarshall@cix.co.uk>