U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gumprint versus oilprint

Re: gumprint versus oilprint

Judy,
I think the monitor makes it not fair.
Both images are not quit the real thing.
The oilprint is black with a bit 'BISTRE', very dark brown, a beautiful color.
Only one way to convince you, or maybe two:
- i send you two samples;
- you visit a gallery in Colorado the end of this year; i will show oil-, monogum- and tricolorgum prints.
all the best,
Henk

ps the Chalk red pigment is used for the first two layers; at the end there is one extra layer with Cad Red Medium pigment; the impact is very little but it makes the 'cerise sur le gateau' (the cerise on the cake ??)