U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: ammonium citrate recipe?

RE: ammonium citrate recipe?

Paul,

1) Start with 2 liters of distilled water.
2) Dissolve 300 g of dry citric acid.
3a) Slowly add ammonia until fizzing stops.
3b) Call 911 because you will most likely be overcome by ammonia fumes
shortly after adding the ammonia.
4) If you are still alive adjust pH with citric acid to adjust the pH to
6.5.

These instructions are a variation listed in the 'New Platinum Print' by
Sullivan and Weese for making sodium citrate developer.

Hope this helps,

Don Bryant