U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Preparing Al sheets; other factors

Re: Preparing Al sheets; other factors

At last a good use for Efes!  :)

2009/3/25 Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
Dear Henk,

25 Mart 2009, Çarşamba, 3:25 pm tarihinde, henk thijs yazmış:

> On 25 mrt 2009, at 13:40, Loris Medici wrote:
>
>> I asked to my chemicals supplier about waterglass; they have liquid
>> form
>> (something around 20-30%)... Is the addition of NaOH strictly
>> necessary?
>
> Loris, i have no idea, i am just a simple gum printer; the recipe
> comes via a former list member (Klaus Pollmeier) from an old german
> book.
> I just used it as written; the beer was pilsener , a 6 percent german
> beer.

Ok, pilsener is fine :) Will do exactly as it is written...

> Just another thing: the reason i tried aluminum was the 'silvery
> shining', so in order to avoid the sanding -lost of shining-  i used
> the toothpaste, in a way a 'pumice' or?
> The other thing is that for me the real 'silver shine' was obtained
> with 'kitchen aluminum' (i mean the stuff used in the kitchen to wrap
> things :-).
> succes,

Thanks, so the surface isn't white as shown in the reproductions in the
acticle but silvery? Or did you do something else to get the white color?

If I get a transparent surface with beer + waterglass then I will look for
white dibond... (Thanks for the idea... Michael?)