U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: green-yellow

Re: green-yellow

13 Nisan 2009, Pazartesi, 11:10 am tarihinde, Loris Medici yazmış:
> I can't "know" it for sure -> but being the other way would be unlogical
> since every paper has a specific limit on how much ink it can absorb and
> the printer absolutely shouldn't exceed that limit otherwise the paper
> will be flooded and the print is going to be ruined.

BTW, when you need darker colors, what presumably does the printer is to
reduce the light "color"s and increasing the percentage of "black"
instead. It's less likely that the printer achieves the darker shades
(including lower midtones) by printing colors on top of each other. That's
the very purpose of including "light black" in the inkset... With PDN we
use the colored inks only w/o any black ink.