From: Robert Newcomb [mailto:newcombr@uga.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:39 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Hand collotype in process

Its my understanding that for the Collotype process many impressions are
required to condition the plate before a finished print can be pulled.  This
conditioning is to match up the water level in the plate and the ink
thickness and condition the receiving and release of the ink in a fashion
that produces a clean image.  May not be the best if one is expecting a
short run of prints.
Robert Newcomb