U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: another 3 layer gum attempt

Re: another 3 layer gum attempt

P.S:

On Jul 21, 2009, at 7:53 PM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

I agree that it's more likely overexposure than staining; that doesn't look like stain to me.

Here, I was talking about pigment staining only; it doesn't look like pigment staining to me. However, gross overexposure does tend to promote dichromate staining, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of that brown is dichromate stain. It would be interesting to clear that print (with potassium metabisulfite, sodium bisulfite, or one of the similar compounds; they're all functionally the same) and see what happens.