U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs

Re: Paper - baby oil Digi Negs

Hi

etc. etc.) There wasn't a one that didn't start to dry within a day, or
two at most.  I finally solved the problem with -- not paraffin, but
beeswax, which doesn't mottle like paraffin and doesn't dry like oil.
Judy how do you go about using the beeswax? Do you melt, dilute it with anything? My art store has it as a clump in a plastic container. The store person told me they put it in a pan and slow cook it, seems it gives off a lovely honey smell(dont thikn it would be good for eating tho :) ).

I melt it and dilute it 1:3 by mass to
make my own soft wax for waxing silver gelatin prints.   You need to use
what is called mineral spirits to dilute it when melted.  Be certain to melt
it in a double boiler and TURN OFF ANY FLAME before opening the mineral
spirits...very flammable!
Bob the mineral spirits, is this also known as mineral turpentine?

Cheers
Jacek