U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: The Democratic Answer to new home - VOTE

RE: The Democratic Answer to new home - VOTE

Okay here's my vote:

Yahoo all the way. So whoever is counting the votes put one down for Yahoo.
Though I have to ask, do we need an official vote counter? Private votes
don't count, right? Hopefully we won't have any voting fraud. :)

Which brings up a question.

Does anyone know how long the list will remain active? Should we not think
about an interim solution in case the list stops without notice.

The reasons people object to Yahoo don't make any sense to me. I've been a
subscriber to several Yahoo groups for years and I've not had any problems
with them or Yahoo.

Yahoo will be around a long time, though nothing lasts forever anyway.

There is no advertising embedded in the e-mails or on the web interface, so
I don't understand that criticism. And Yahoo lists are a lot easier to
search than the list mail archives.

The Yahoo web interface works just fine, IME.

A daily digest is available which is easier to archive on ones PC (or
individual e-mails can be received if desired).

And as mentioned before files and photos can be posted.

If Google groups works just as well then I'm fine with that also. Personally
I would like to move away from a list server, it has become passé.

Several moderators and owners can be chosen as needed with Yahoo or Google.

Don Bryant