U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Updated list: Re: The Democratic Answer to new home - VOTE

Re: Updated list: Re: The Democratic Answer to new home - VOTE

 Hello Katherine,

Please put me down for a vote to the listing to be placed on an educational institution- maybe an organization such as University of California, U. of Arizona, University of Texas at Austin where they have archives - that is all I know in the North America- what about Europe or wherever else??

susan
On 2009-11-12, at 8:34 PM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

Corrected name spelling per request.

I'm wrapping this up now; the only purpose it has served is to identify issues and potential options should the present efforts to find a home prove unsuccessful and  the community needs to make a decision together about our future.   In that case, I believe that someone should set up a poll using survey software that allows people to cast private votes, and this summary may be helpful then in setting up the options to vote on.   But I hope that won't be necessary.

For yahoo

   Sally Makeham
   Loris Medici
   Balint Flesch
   Don Bryant
   Linda Stinchfield
    Rene Hales
   Michel Debar
   Bob Kiss

For google:
   Loris Medici
   Ricardo Wildberger Lisboa
   Malin
   Clay (neutral "okay")
   Jon Lybrook (ditto Clay)
   Jack Fulton
   Mark Nelson
   Michele Debar

 Against yahoo:
   Paul Vianiano
   Jean Daubas
   Gene Laughter
   Jon Lybrook
   Clay
   Tom Sobota
   Jeremy Moore
   Bob Barnes

Against yahoo or google:
   Greg Schmitz
   Katharine Thayer
   David Hatton
   Laura V
   Barry Kleider
   Halvor
   Kerik
   David Young
   Etienne Garbaux

For text-basd mailing list
   Gred Schmitz
   Cor Breukel
   Paul Viapiano
    Henry Rattle
   Katharine Thayer
   David Young
   Kees Brandenburg
   Laura V

For Freelist
   Cor Breukel
   Richard Knoppow
   Eric Neilsen
   Clay

Against text-based mailing list
   Huib Smeets
   Don Bryant

For an alt or photo connected individual, website  or institution to host the list
   Tom Sobota
   Susan Huber
   Heidi Weller
   David Hatton
   Tom Sobota
   phritz phantom
   Kees Brandenburg
   Laura V

For Eastman House specifically
   Chris Anderson (initial suggestion)
   Greg Schmitz
   Susan Huber
   Bob Barnes

For an educational institution to host the list
   Jack Fulton
   David Young
   Laura V
   Greg Schmitz
   Loris Medici
   Bob Barnes
   Kees Brandenburg
   Jon Lybrook
   Clay
   Jeremy Moore
   Paul Viapiano
   Katharine Thayer
   John Brewer

Offers to host/manage list
   David Young
   Kees Brandenburg
   Huib Smeets
   Malin/alternative photography.com (space, not management)
   Tom Persinger/F295