Re: Liquid Light Problem

From: Darryl Gage (dgage@netsync.net)
Date: 02/21/00-11:39:21 AM Z

I'm using the Crane's platinotype, the Rockland Liquid Emulsion, Dektol
diluted 2parts water to1 part dektol, plain water stop bath, and Kodak paper
fixer (undiluted). Brushes are either a sponge brush or a china bristle
paint brush. My thoughts are that either I am not getting a thick enough
layer of emulsion on the paper and air is working its way under the emulsion
from spots I have missed on the paper or the sulphur in my tap water is
somehow causing some type of reaction. So, will try putting another layer
of emulsion on the paper and using distilled water. Will also try heating
the paper per Susan's suggestion. Thanks.

Darryl Gage Forestville, NY
http://www.netsync.net/users/dgage

"Strange and beautiful are the stars tonight..." - Blue Rodeo