Re: Photo History and (much-needed) Quaalude distribution program

From: Rod Fleming (rodfleming@sol.co.uk)
Date: 11/04/00-02:58:59 AM Z

There are two observations I'd like to make please. The first is that Chris
asked for responses OFF-list, but hey, who reads anyway, and the second is
that the present turbulence in the teacup was set off by a seriously
immoderate and provocative post from one Thor Bols, who has long been
identified as a troll (who may not actually exist at all) and who is
probably laughing his head off at the amount of feathers that are flying as
a result of his cleverness.

The fact is that ANY collection of just 5 photogs who fit the criteria Chris
set is going to be highly subjective and probably contentious, but good luck
to her- that will allow her to craft a thought-provoking and interesting
lecture, which is what I thought she was looking for. Good God I can't even
agree with myself two days running who the five should be, never mind
expecting consensus from you lot!

Everybody has the right to like who they like, but at the same time artists
deserve the respect of being considered for their work, especially by other
artists. Not liking Mapplethorpe because you don't like his work is okay;
slagging him off because one has a problem with his sexual orientation just
ain't.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the Bromoil thing..........