Re: Why multiple exposure (was Re: (Gum) Tonal scale)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/02/05-12:30:15 PM Z

Loris and all,
This is the kind of tonal scale that I routinely get with saturated
ammonium dichromate and a strong mid-dark pigment, mixed the way I like
it. It's a gum truism that the more dichromate, the longer the scale;
the less dichromate the shorter the scale, and in my own tests, that
are available somewhere on my website, I found that when I diluted the
ammonium dichromate to 5%, the number of steps I could get was cut in
half from what I could get with the saturated dichromate. But Loris
is getting the same kind of scale with 5% ammonium dichromate as I get
with saturated dichromate. I think probably Loris is indeed a wizard.
What would happen if you increased the dichromate, I wonder.

Funny, in the grey aambient light of yesterday your upper steps looked
perfectly white to me, but in the brighter sunnier light of this
morning, I can clearly see the pigment stain you were talking about.
Katharine