U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: photopolymer

Re: photopolymer

Hi Keith,

Glad to hear the mylar solved the contact problems for you.
I've actually removed the glass entirely from my contact frame and just have Kreene stretched across it. I thought of trying taping it across the glass, but Harold at Box Car seemed to feel the added effect of the glass + kreene wouldn't be as crisp...or something. In any case, I'm happy with the way it's been working, though removing the glass was a little intimidating at the time.

Also, I was wondering what image/screen/wattage you're using for exposures just out of curiosity...

Thanks!
Jon

Keith Taylor wrote:
Susan,

I pulled the frame apart and replaced some old foam rubber that sits under the ribbed bed of the frame with some nicer neoprene. The pressure remained the same throughout - at least on the dial, but who knows? While I wait for my roll of Kreene to arrive I tried using a thin (1mil) sheet of Mylar as you would with Kreene. No more contact problems - at least for now. I'll run some more tests tomorrow just to make sure and keep you updated.

Thanks,

Keith.