U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Artists' tape

RE: Artists' tape

	On the topic of tapes here are two that may or may not help you:
1) FRAMER'S TAPE:  I got it from my...that's right...framer.  It is shiny
archival plastic, has a strong bond, and is easily removed by blowing warm
air from a hair dryer on it.  
2) CAMERA TAPE: Available from cinema supply houses, it is a cloth tape that
has a long lasting, strong bond, but leaves no residue behind.  It is used
to tape anything on cine cameras and especially the edges of the large film
	I have no idea if these are any help but info is power!

-----Original Message-----
From: etienne garbaux [mailto:photographeur@nerdshack.com] 
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:44 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Artists' tape

Ike wrote:

>The 3M replacement is 3051.  I think its even lower tack than the old
>stuff.  It's hard to find but this place carries it.

Interesting -- several others have mentioned low-tack tapes, 
also.  Perhaps we should discuss what people use artists' tape for, 
and what properties they find valuable (or perhaps I should have said 
what I was after more clearly).  In my case, I don't want a low-tack 
tape (well, I do, but there are several low-tack tapes that work 
fine).  What I'm after is the good old high-tack artists' tape.  The 
old Scotch artists' tape was terrific because although it had high 
tack and the adhesive didn't fail over time, it came off cleanly and 
the adhesive never yellowed paper substrates.  I've never found 
another tape with all of these properties.

I notice Light Impressions has Tyvek tape -- has anyone used it?  How 
about Filmoplast P-90?

Best regards,


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 4014 (20090416) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.