news article concerning photographing in public spaces

From: Jason Mandella (jmandella@highstream.net)
Date: 09/17/02-07:07:24 AM Z

If things haven't changed much, fine. My friend I mentioned in my original
post reports the following recent experiences:

"Of course I have still taken photos on the streets.
I don't know it is good or bad, but I have already gotten used to talking to
police officers.
Maybe taking pictures is good for my English!?"

A good New York answer to my own fears.

I have just finished graduate school and I hope to teach photography in New
York in coming years. Is it still safe or responsible to give
undergraduate students an assignment to photograph on the street? Should
they have insurance?

Jason Mandella