U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Artists' tape

RE: Artists' tape

	Actually there is a significant difference between Gaffers tape and
Camera tape.  Gaffer's tape will, if left long enough, leave a residue.
Camera tape won't.  Also, gaffer's tape has a much stronger adhesive which
can, if you are not careful, (as those of us who have worked with it in film
making know) take wall paper and paint off a wall. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Seigel [mailto:jseigel@panix.com] 
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 2:33 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: Artists' tape

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, BOB KISS wrote:

> 2) CAMERA TAPE: Available from cinema supply houses, it is a cloth tape
> has a long lasting, strong bond, but leaves no residue behind.  It is used
> to tape anything on cine cameras and especially the edges of the large
> magazines.

That sounds like what we used to call gaffer's tape.  It did as you say 
but expensive.


__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 4018 (20090418) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.