U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?

Re: Anybody experimented with Argyrotypes?

Fernando, pt/pd is an acronym(?) for Platinum/Palladium printing. It's
similar to Argyrotype - where the light sensitive compound is an iron salt
(albeit different one/s), but in the Platinum/Palladium process the image
is formed by colloidal noble metals: pure palladium or platinum/palladium
mixture or pure platinum (pure platinum prints are somehow harder to do
BTW...) In Argyrotype the image is formed by colloidal silver. The
advantage of pt/pd is that the image is very stable compared to silver,
the disadvantage is price -> colloidal silver images cost in terms of
cents but pt/pd images will cost you in terms of dollars (not taking paper
into account)... Also, I (subjectively) like more the tonality I can get
from pt/pd prints.

27 Nisan 2009, Pazartesi, 11:29 pm tarihinde, fernando cruz florez yazmış: